Cisco WebEx Mobile App
- Join via Cisco WebEx meeting email invite, meeting number, Cisco WebEx site URL, or My Meetings List
- Web conferencing on either Wi-Fi or 3G/4G
- Two-way, high-quality, multipoint video
- Wideband audio support for Iinternet calling (VoIP) – Requires WBS 29.8 or later
- Simple call-in or call-back
- Automatic call-back setting
- View attendee list
- View active speaker
- View shared content with annotations
- Share your screen
- Mute/un-mute your audio
- Recording indicator
- Pinch to zoom and scan
- Private or group chat
- Calendar integration (Requires 10.2.1)
Your company’s WebEx Meetings plan will have a certain number of host licenses. Find out if you have host capabilities. If you do, you will have the following capabilities:
- View meetings list
- Schedule, start, and delete a meeting
- Invite others to a meeting
- Mute/Un-mute, expel attendee from meeting
- Pass presenter capabilities to another participant
- Make another attendee the host
- Share your screen (Requires OS 10.2 or greater)
- Record your meeting using Network Based Recording
We use WebEx Meetings across our company. What enterprise features does the mobile app have, and can it be used internationally?
- WebEx Meetings Single sign-on (SSO) support
- End-to-end encryption
- Support for Cisco WebEx VoIP-only meeting sites
- Enable users to join a meeting from behind the firewall using Wi-Fi proxy support
- Available in 13 languages
There is no cost to download the Cisco WebEx Meetings for Blackberry app, or to attend any Cisco WebEx meetings you've been invited to join.
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center WBS T28 without one-click support
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center WBS T29.1 or higher with one-click support
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center WBS T29.3 or higher with Single sign-on
- Cisco WebEx Meetings 1.3.1 or higher with one-click support
The latest release of the app is version 3.7.
Security enhancements — requires WebEx Business Suite 30 (targeted for August 2015).
No, upgrading is not mandatory but it is necessary in order to get the new features listed above.
- Collaboration Meeting Rooms (Telepresence - enabled meetings)
- MeetingPlace Audio
- WebEx Meetings Server
- WebEx Event Center
- WebEx Training Center
Yes, this application works wherever BB10 devices are supported.
Cisco WebEx Meetings for Blackberry is available in English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, Swedish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish (Latin American), Russian, and Dutch (Netherlands). All other device languages will default to English.
The latest release of the app is version 3.5. Note this version supports Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z30 devices. Click here to view the Blackberry 10 overview video featuring the Cisco WebEx Meeting App.
Cisco WebEx on BlackBerry 3.5 introduces 2-way video. Share your video and view other attendees. Active speaker switching lets you see who is talking. View an individual or see the video of all attendees. Version 3.5 also brings WebEx into the Blackberry Hub where you can receive an alert 15 minutes before your meeting starts, and join the meeting directly from the Hub.
This version is intended only for BB10 Z30, Z10, Q5 and Q10 devices and requires BB10 OS10.2.1 or greater. While upgrading your OS is not mandatory, you must upgrade to take advantage of the newest features.
Install and Use
If you have a host license, you can easily schedule, start, and invite others to your Cisco WebEx meetings from your device.
As a host, you can easily schedule, start, and invite others to your Cisco WebEx meetings from your device. From the "My Meetings" screen, press the "Schedule" button at the bottom. Enter your meeting topic, date and time, meeting password (optional), and your invitees' email addresses. Choose to start the meeting immediately or schedule for later. If you select to start the meeting immediately, press 'Start' and you will join the meeting automatically. If you choose to schedule a meeting for later, press "Schedule". You will return to the My Meetings screen.
You can join Cisco WebEx meetings using one of the following methods:
- Launch the Cisco WebEx Meetings app on your BB10 device and enter the meeting number.
- Sign into your Cisco WebEx account on your device and join from your "My Meetings" screen.
Once you enter your meeting, you can either call in to the meeting or receive a call back from the audio bridge. To receive a call back, press the Audio button in the action bar to launch the Audio Conference dialog box and press Call Me. You will need to enter a call back number in the Call Me screen and press Call Me. Select the option to "Auto call me" if you would like Cisco WebEx Meetings to automatically dial this number every time you join a meeting. You will receive a call to join the meeting, so please answer the call and then manually return to the Cisco WebEx Meetings for Blackberry app. If the call back feature is disabled, you will be prompted to call into the audio portion of the meeting instead.
Note, the call back feature is not available in all regions.
To call into a meeting, press "Meeting Info" in the overflow menu and then select the Audio tab. You will then be able to call into the available audio bridge call-in numbers by pressing any number.
Note, you will need to manually enter the meeting number and attendee ID, which are presented in the Info tab.
With the mobile app's host capabilities, you can invite people to your meeting from overflow menu of the Participants tab after joining your meeting. Press "Add Invitees" and enter the email addresses of the invitees you wish to add to the meeting, press the "Enter" symbol after each email, and press "Send" when done to complete the action.
If you are using a CDMA network, such as Sprint or Verizon, network limitations prevent you from having a voice call and using data services at the same time. In this case, joining the audio portion of the meeting through a voice call means you won't be able to view updates to the participant list or shared presentations. If you have access to Wi-Fi or 4G networks, you may be able to use voice and data services simultaneously. Alternatively, consider using VoIP (if available on your device) to connect to your meeting audio.
Select the participant's name from the participant list. From the list, you can choose one individual or all participants to chat with. For individual chat, select the participant you want to chat with and then enter your message and hit "Send". Tap the "Chat with Everyone" button at the bottom of the screen to chat with all attendees, then enter your message and hit "Send."
To transition back and forth between the Participants tab and chat screen, tap the "Back" button at the top left of the chat screen to return to the Participants tab.
While in a meeting, you can share content by tapping the green "Share Screen" button. You can then navigate away from your meeting and begin sharing. To end sharing, simply click on the frame and return to the WebEx application and tap the red "Stop Sharing" button.
Note: BlackBerry OS 10.2 or greater is required for Screen Share.
Select the participant you wish to pass presenter control to from the participant list in the Participants tab. From the overflow menu select the ball icon next to "Make Presenter."
To leave the meeting, you should first make another attendee the host. Select an attendee, and in the context menu select Make Host. After making another attendee the host, you will have the option to leave the meeting without ending it.
If the site you are trying to join the meeting on is your company site, contact your Cisco WebEx IT administrator to determine whether mobile access can be enabled. In the meantime, please join the meeting from a computer.
WebEx Audio and Third Party Telephony audio are supported (requires T28 and above).
If you do not use integrated WebEx Audio then you will need to manually join the audio conferencing on a phone.
- Access meeting details from your "My Meetings" screen for your meetings and meetings you are invited to. Select the meeting to see more details.
- Once in the meeting, you can easily access meeting information:
- See who's in your meeting by selecting the Participants. You can see how participants have joined the meeting with mobile and computer user icons.
- To view meeting information, press "Meeting Info" in the overflow menu either on the Presentation or Participants tab. To return to the meeting select the "Back" button.